Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: DBD::Oracle 1.16

From: "H.Merijn Brand" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:39:33 +0200

On Fri 22 Oct 2004 23:36, Tim Bunce <[email-masked]> wrote:
>   file: $CPAN/authors/id/T/TI/TIMB/DBD-Oracle-1.16.tar.gz
>   size: 235224 bytes
>    md5: 9711550ed0ebfc743920a6a357ed717c

I know you can't blame the test for not being able to create a table for the
reason this failure shows, but there might be a more user-friendly way to fail ...

I'll report back when the DBA has fixed the tablespace

HP-UX 11.11/64 (11i) + Oracle-9.2.0/64 + perl-5.8.5-dor/64

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /pro/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0,
'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/01base................ok
t/10general.............ok
t/15nls.................ok
t/20select..............ok
t/21nchar............... Database and client versions and character sets:
Database 9.2.0.1.0 CHAR set is US7ASCII (Non-Unicode), NCHAR set is AL16UTF16 (
nicode)
Client 9.2.0.1 NLS_LANG is '<unset>', NLS_NCHAR is '<unset>'
t/21nchar...............ok
t/22nchar_al32utf8......ok
t/22nchar_utf8..........ok
t/23wide_db.............skipped
        all skipped: Database character set is not Unicode
t/23wide_db_8bit........skipped
        all skipped: Database character set is not Unicode
t/23wide_db_al32utf8....skipped
        all skipped: Database character set is not Unicode
t/24implicit_utf8.......ok
t/25plsql...............ok
t/30long................ok 188/470DBD::Oracle::db do failed: ORA-03237: Initial
Extent of specified size cannot be allocated in tablespace (PROBEV) (DBD ERROR:
OCIStmtExecute) [for Statement "create table dbd_ora__drop_me ( idx integer, ln
 NCLOB,  dt date )"] at t/nchar_test_lib.pl line 356.
t/30long................ok 189/470DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-00942: ta
le or view does not exist (DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char
12 in 'insert into <*>dbd_ora__drop_me values (:p1, :p2, SYSDATE)') [for Statem
nt "insert into dbd_ora__drop_me values (?, ?, SYSDATE)" with ParamValues: :p1=
0, :p2='0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0
x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0
x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0
x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0
x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0.x.X0
x.X...'] at t/30long.t line 153.
#     Failed test (t/30long.t at line 153)
t/30long................NOK 190DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-00942: table
or view does not exist (DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 12
in 'insert into <*>dbd_ora__drop_me values (:p1, :p2, SYSDATE)') [for Statement
"insert into dbd_ora__drop_me values (?, ?, SYSDATE)" with ParamValues: :p1=41,
:p2='12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234
6789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234
6789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234
6789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234
6789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234
...'] at t/30long.t line 154.
#     Failed test (t/30long.t at line 154)
t/30long................NOK 191DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-00942: table
or view does not exist (DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 12
in 'insert into <*>dbd_ora__drop_me values (:p1, :p2, SYSDATE)') [for Statement
"insert into dbd_ora__drop_me values (?, ?, SYSDATE)" with ParamValues: :p1=42,
:p2='2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcd
fabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcd
fabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcd
fabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcd
fabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcdefabcd2bcd
...'] at t/30long.t line 155.
t/30long................NOK 192#     Failed test (t/30long.t at line 155)
DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist (DBD ER
OR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 12 in 'insert into <*>dbd_ora__dr
p_me values (:p1, :p2, SYSDATE)') [for Statement "insert into dbd_ora__drop_me
alues (?, ?, SYSDATE)" with ParamValues: :p1=43, :p2=undef] at t/30long.t line
56.
#     Failed test (t/30long.t at line 156)
t/30long................NOK 193DBD::Oracle::db prepare failed: ORA-00942: table
or view does not exist (DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 14
in 'select * from <*>dbd_ora__drop_me order by idx') [for Statement "select * f
om dbd_ora__drop_me order by idx"] at t/30long.t line 170.
#     Failed test (t/30long.t at line 170)
Can't call method "trace" on an undefined value at t/30long.t line 171.
t/30long................NOK 194# Looks like you planned 470 tests but only ran
94.
# Looks like your test died just after 194.
t/30long................dubious
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
DIED. FAILED tests 190-470
        Failed 281/470 tests, 40.21% okay (less 122 skipped tests: 67 okay, 14.
6%)
t/31lob.................DBD::Oracle::db do failed: ORA-03237: Initial Extent of
specified size cannot be allocated in tablespace (PROBEV) (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtEx
cute) [for Statement "
        CREATE TABLE dbd_ora__drop_me (
            id INTEGER NOT NULL,
            data BLOB
        )
    "] at t/31lob.t line 21.
DBD::Oracle::db do failed: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist (DBD ERROR:
rror possibly near <*> indicator at char 12 in 'INSERT INTO <*>dbd_ora__drop_me
(id,data) VALUES (1, EMPTY_BLOB())') [for Statement "INSERT INTO dbd_ora__drop_
e (id,data) VALUES (1, EMPTY_BLOB())"] at t/31lob.t line 31.
DBD::Oracle::db prepare failed: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist (DBD ER
OR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 17 in 'SELECT data FROM <*>dbd_or
__drop_me WHERE id = :p1') [for Statement "SELECT data FROM dbd_ora__drop_me WH
RE id = ?"] at t/31lob.t line 34.
Can't call method "bind_param" on an undefined value at t/31lob.t line 36.
# Looks like your test died before it could output anything.
t/31lob.................dubious
        Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
DIED. FAILED tests 1-2
        Failed 2/2 tests, 0.00% okay
t/40ph_type.............ok
t/50cursor..............ok
t/60reauth..............ORACLE_USERID_2 not defined.  Tests skipped.
skipped
        all skipped: no reason given
t/70meta................ok
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
t/30long.t   255 65280   470  557 118.51%  190-470
t/31lob.t    255 65280     2    4 200.00%  1-2
4 tests and 122 subtests skipped.
Failed 2/18 test scripts, 88.89% okay. 283/1883 subtests failed, 84.97% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255

-- 
H.Merijn Brand        Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using perl-5.6.1, 5.8.0 & 633 on HP-UX 10.20 & 11.00, AIX 4.2, AIX 4.3,
     WinNT 4, Win2K pro & WinCE 2.11 often with Tk800.024 &/| DBD-Unify
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/perl/CPAN/authors/id/H/HM/HMBRAND/